Finally I got back from my trips and boy, I really have a lot of back logs to write on! Seems like I really have to filter off the so so ones and just focus on the good ones. Melbourne and Japan trips were damn awesome! Food, scenery, friends, new friends and of course, coffees. Will compile and write on the places for good food soon I promise.
I have also completed my Specialty Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE) Barista Intermediate Course and some other baking courses. I will be embarking on a specialty coffee bar in the near future for the passion of good coffees and bringing them to my friends. Will release the news on the opening once I’ve settled everything and run in the operations. Believe me, I’ve been planning for years.
Anyways, these couple of weeks will be extremely busy and will be flying again next Thursday for my annual charity trip and this year we’re heading to Chiang Rai, Thailand. You can read more about it on http://www.caregiversgroup.org. Will try to update daily when we’re there! I am very very active on Instagram @eatwithroy. Follow my account there and you’ll get all my latest news and eating/coffee/chill/travel places!
Alrighty, need to catch some sleep. I have cupping session tomorrow to try new single origins and blends. Will write soon and have a great weekend y’all!
Seriously I dunno what this award is all about but if someone nominated me and I don’t have to pour a bucket of ice water over myself, then I’m cool with it. ;P Anyways thanks to the lovely dimshum (http://dimshum.wordpress.com/) for the nomination and please at least let me know your name after reading this ok? 🙂 Her blog is also about food and travels mostly in Hong Kong and London, where she is currently pursuing her studies.
So here it goes.
Rules For Winning:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award pic.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate some other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 Facts About Myself:
1. I am a Singaporean, standing at 1.9m and weighing 138kgs. Currently back in Singapore for employment after years in China managing companies.
2. I lost a massive 40kgs just last year in 2013, over just 9 months. So do the math how heavy I was before! ;P
3. I am a foodie (if you dunno by now!) and used to write freelance on food for printed media as well as media invites (still doing media invites!). Done a few food consultancy projects as well.
4. I founded a charity group, Care Givers Group, in 2009 to bring hope and joy to the less fortunate kids in Asia. See URL below.
5. My favourite foods… hmmm… Basically anything that taste good. However I have a soft spot for cheeses and breads! Love white meats and seafood too!5. Did I mention I love coffees too? The words are DEEP PASSION. I am a fanatic to the extend of heading to the mountains and learn how coffee plants are cultivated, learn about how the cherries are processed, pulped, dried, sorted, packed, roasted, and finally to the retail outlets. I got barista training in Australia too and am a little fussy about my coffees and how it is being prepared. Those baristas who know who I am gets nervous preparing my orders (I’m sorry!). And I drink at least 2 cups a day to keep myself from insanity.
6. My dream retirement place… It has to be in Australia. Either Perth or Melbourne. Love those places! Everytime I visit those places, I don’t wanna leave! ;P
7. My aspirations (Yes I know, old men do have aspirations too!). I wanna own a cafe/hotel one day and hire those who need help. Maybe not in Singapore since things are so expensive here. At the same time I hope to host my own food travel shows one day as well! Be it featuring Singapore foods or even good foods in Asia! Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes! >_<