Before the opening show begins tomorrow on the 28th Oct 2015, I was invited to a media sneak preview with my beloved sista Cathryn. Arrived early and registration was under the hot sun which I thought could be better done under the Ticketing Counter? Hmmm…
Anyways, TOTEM was created in 2010 and their first show was in Montreal, Canada and the 112 crew members from 17 countries (inclusive of 46 performers) have been on tour since! TOTEM traces the fascinating journey of the human species from its original amphibian state to its ultimate desire to fly. Somewhere between science and legend, TOTEM is an uplifting array of athleticism, soul-touching theatrics, lavish costume designs and cutting edge digital effects. With acrobatic performances evoking selected scenes from the story of evolution, TOTEM explores the ties that bind Man to other species, his dreams and his infinite potential. The show will be going on for 55 performances all the way to 6th December 2015!
Tickets are available online at http://www.sistic.com.sg/events/totem1215 from $98 to $328 and hope to see you there! Check out the pics below for some highlights which I tried to capture with limited lighting.
- Do not bring your cameras. No photography allowed. If you wanna sneak a shot from your mobile phone, REMEMBER TO TURN OFF FLASH!!!
- No food from outside. There are typical movie snacks and drinks inside which you can purchase.
- Bring more cash or a card if you wanna buy some of TOTEM’s souvenirs and t-shirts.
- Ladies, please bring a cardigan. You’ll feel cold with the aircon blasting inside. I felt just nice, so it’s too cold for ladies.
- The Big Top is located at the other end of Marina Bay Sands, nearer to the financial centre. You may wanna alight nearer there for cabbing and park nearer there if driving. Those taking MRT, turn left after exiting station control, walk straight all the way, turn left and walk straight all the way till you pass Bread Street Kitchen and exit MBS.
- Seats are of normal size, so carry light when going there.
- If you can’t control your kids from running around or making noise, please don’t bring them as they might distract the performers and your neighbours.
- Sit back and enjoy the show!
- If my tips are of any good, please ‘Like’ my eatwithroy page (www.fb.com/eatwithroy) and follow me on Instagram @eatwithroy. ;-P
**Photos are all copyright of eatwithroy.com. Any unauthorised use of them will have legal implications.**
You must log in to post a comment.