Seriously I dunno what this award is all about but if someone nominated me and I don’t have to pour a bucket of ice water over myself, then I’m cool with it. ;P Anyways thanks to the lovely dimshum (http://dimshum.wordpress.com/) for the nomination and please at least let me know your name after reading this ok? 🙂 Her blog is also about food and travels mostly in Hong Kong and London, where she is currently pursuing her studies.
So here it goes.
Rules For Winning:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award pic.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate some other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 Facts About Myself:
1. I am a Singaporean, standing at 1.9m and weighing 138kgs. Currently back in Singapore for employment after years in China managing companies.
2. I lost a massive 40kgs just last year in 2013, over just 9 months. So do the math how heavy I was before! ;P
3. I am a foodie (if you dunno by now!) and used to write freelance on food for printed media as well as media invites (still doing media invites!). Done a few food consultancy projects as well.
4. I founded a charity group, Care Givers Group, in 2009 to bring hope and joy to the less fortunate kids in Asia. See URL below.
5. My favourite foods… hmmm… Basically anything that taste good. However I have a soft spot for cheeses and breads! Love white meats and seafood too!5. Did I mention I love coffees too? The words are DEEP PASSION. I am a fanatic to the extend of heading to the mountains and learn how coffee plants are cultivated, learn about how the cherries are processed, pulped, dried, sorted, packed, roasted, and finally to the retail outlets. I got barista training in Australia too and am a little fussy about my coffees and how it is being prepared. Those baristas who know who I am gets nervous preparing my orders (I’m sorry!). And I drink at least 2 cups a day to keep myself from insanity.
6. My dream retirement place… It has to be in Australia. Either Perth or Melbourne. Love those places! Everytime I visit those places, I don’t wanna leave! ;P
7. My aspirations (Yes I know, old men do have aspirations too!). I wanna own a cafe/hotel one day and hire those who need help. Maybe not in Singapore since things are so expensive here. At the same time I hope to host my own food travel shows one day as well! Be it featuring Singapore foods or even good foods in Asia! Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes! >_<
I Nominate The Following Blogs:
1. My Hong Kong husband (http://myhongkonghusband.com/)
She is a Polish married a Hong Konger and her blogs are about her adapting and experiencing life in Hong Kong and its culture. She adapts very well actually and very proud of her!
2. Bucket List Publications (http://bucketlistpublications.org/)
Leslie writes on loads of travels and stuffs that she places on her bucket list yearly. It’s disgusting seeing her traveling so extensively but enriching at the same time! Haha…
3. Love & Lights (http://serenachew.wordpress.com/)
A fellow Singaporean and foodie, Serena writes quite a bit on food and her life as well. She’s prolly eating more than me! ;P
4. Directorb.net (http://directorb.net/)
He is someone who is trying to change the world bit by bit and he blogs on stuffs that sets you thinking. Nice.
5. Care Givers Group (www.caregiversgroup.org, http://www.facebook.com/caregiversgroup)
Alright this is a personal project to help the less fortunate kids in Asia. Please help to like and spread the word!
Alright, now my job is done, let’s hear it from the rest! 😉